Out with the Old and in with the New!
1) Let’s get to know each other. What is your Author name; use your Pen name if you have one.
2) What inspired you to become a writer?
I have vivid dreams and daydreams and like to record my thoughts.
3) What is the best time of day for you to write?
4) How did you come up with your cover design?
I had a vision that I wanted something fairytale-like, and floral. My designer is the absolute best!
5) What is your favorite way to connect with readers? (Social media, newsletters or something else)
Social media! I enjoy back-and-forth conversations.
6) Did you receive encouragement from a mentor, family member, teacher, coach…?
Family and friends! Everyone around me is extremely supportive.
7) What is the most difficult challenges you face in the writing process?
Overcoming writer's block, and sometimes finding time to write between my graduate program, the children, and my day job.
8) Who would you cast as your most recent Main Character if your book became a movie or T.V. show?
My initial character model for Bianca was Amelia Zadro!
9) What is your favorite character from any book you have ever read?
Samwise from LOTR
10) In your opinion, can a book series be too long?
I grow attached to the characters and enjoy longer series, but if the content is ONLY filler and no easter eggs, then the series can get too repetitive.
11) What is your favorite quote and why?
I am an avid quote collector and don't have a favorite!
12) Name one book that you have reread several times.
The Hunger Games
13) If you could live in any “book world” what would that be?
I enjoy too many to choose just one.
14) What is the name of your book/series? Tell me a little bit about them.
The Garden of Eternal Flowers. It's a fairytale series, mostly PNR, about a girl who has to face her traumatic past to grow past the horrible things that were done to her in life. In doing so she has to embrace her inner strength and grow as a character.
15) Do you have a website? If so, what is it?
16) Where can we find and follow you? (Name your social media platforms.)
I'm mostly on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/lylaoweds
17) If there anything important that you would want my readers to know about you?
I'm as much of a fan as I am an author, and pretty much spend the most of my time authoring, fangirling over my own characters.