Would you survive a fantasy invasion?
1) Starting with the most obvious question. What is your Author name; use your Pen name if you have one.
2) What is your genre and what drew you to it?
Fantasy, genre bending. Apocalyptic Modern Epic Fantasy to be precise. My love for fantasy, Tolkien, Lewis, RedWall, Artemis Fowl.
3) Do you challenge yourself to writing sprints? If so, how long are they?
I have not yet.
4) What is the best time of day for you to write?
Midnight. It's a curse.
5) What is the hardest challenge in being a writer?
Finding time while working full time, and being a Dad.
6) What is your favorite part about being a writer?
Getting to talk to people about the world and characters I've created.
7) What is the one thing you wish you knew at the beginning of your writing journey?
It was going to be expensive, but people will love it.
8) How many books do you try to read each year?
I don't actually have a set goal. Trying to get back into reading these days.
9) Which book villain would be the hardest to defeat?
The devil. From THE Bible. (Joke).
Morgoth from the Silmarillion.
10) If you could take one item out of any book that you have ever read, what would it be or why?
A dragon egg from Eragon, so I could have my own dragon.
11) What is one book that is currently on your To-Be-Read list?
Zanthia by Nicklous P. Adams II
12) Do you own any interesting ‘bookish’ memorabilia or clothes? If so, what?
Some middle earth sword replicas, some great Tolkien editions, a really nice Chronicles of Narnia and some Harry Potter wands unique to my wife and I with a cool story.
13) What is the name of your book/series? Tell me a little bit about them.
Paragon Exordium (Book 2 Paragon Attrition is approaching Alpha readers stage).
In Paragon, Georgia, the battle for survival has begun.
After the Shattering, everything changes. When technology falters, the remnants of humanity must unite against an onslaught of creatures beyond their wildest imaginings. Basalisk, orcs, elves, dwarves and other terrifying creatures now populate the planet.
With the creatures causing havoc, strangers are forced to join forces. Private military officer Peter Blair grapples with enigmatic dreams brought on by a black sword, and his inability to save everyone. While journalism student Sarah Young discovers newfound magical powers and the responability they bring. With refugees flooding in and danger on the rise, Peter and Sarah must embrace their new reality or risk surrendering Earth to the Fae — losing everything they hold dear.
Fans of the Walking Dead and Lord of the Rings will be enticed by this genre-bending epic that rings with themes of survival, sacrifice, and self-discovery.
It's Self Published, took 6 years to write/edit, and co-authored/edited by a buddy of mine in the Army to maintain a level of realism for the soldier characters and their actions.
14) Do you have a website? If so, what is it?
15) Where can we find and follow you? (Name your social media platforms.)
Mikel Melwasul on X/Instagram/Facebook/TikTok/YouTube/twitch
16) If there anything important that you would want my readers to know about you?
I have minor cerebral palsy and essential tremors so if you see me shaking it's not nerves.
My work is clean, and easy to read and accessible for ages, but the subject matter is written for adults.