HELP! Writer Trapped in IT Technician
1) Let's start with an easy question. What is your Author name; use your Pen name if you have one.
2) What inspired you to become a writer?
My love of story which I inherited from, and had nurtured by my mother Ella Moore.
3) Do you prefer writing dialogue, action or other scenes?
Dialogue by far. It’s like choreographing a dance, I love it!
4) What is the hardest challenge in being a writer?
Figuring out when I’m done with a novel, short story or script.
5) What is your favorite part about being a writer?
Finding out that I got my message across to the audience, that I caused an emotional response.
6) What is the one thing you wish you knew at the beginning of your writing journey?
The importance of outlining!
7) Which book, other than your own, would you like to see turned into a movie or T.V. show?
The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal
8) What book protagonist would you love to talk to if he/she/they were real?
I’d LOVE to have a sit-down with Gandalf the Grey
9) Name one book that you have reread several times.
Despite my previous Hobbit reference, I’m going with The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller
10) If you had to write in any other genre, what would that be and why?
I have written novels, short stories and screenplays in the following genres:
I hate the thought of being locked into a genre. The story is what matters whether the protagonist is a zombie or a princess.
11) Do you prefer to read series or independent novels?
I prefer independent novels.
12) What is your best book memory?
So far, it’s the day I got the acceptance email from my publisher.
13) What is the name of your book/series? Tell me a little bit about them.
My book is entitled HOM. The title character is a seventeen year old who has been raised by a clandestine government agency almost from birth. The agency’s intent is to take advantage of Hom’s powers to be able to walk with angels and fight demons. In his character arc Hom discovers freedom, family and faith.
14) Do you have a website? If so, what is it?
I have two that are most relevant. The site for my novel HOM:
And the site for my film writing:
15) Where can we find and follow you? (Name your social media platforms.)
I’ve been channeling all my social media efforts through Tik Tok (storyteller6465, James The Writer). I’m also present on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/storyteller6465/), Instagram (storyteller6465), and Twitter (storyteller451)
16) If there anything important that you would want my readers to know about you?
In addition to writing novels and screenplays, my wife and I host a podcast called Moore Shenanigans (https://anchor.fm/james-donna6465).