Delving into Dark Fantasy with Isra Sravenheart
1) Here is an easy question.
What is your Author name; use your Pen name if you have one.
2) What is your genre and what drew you to it?
Dark Fantasy. I’ve been a budding fantasy fan for years as long as I can remember. It was always in my life whether it was Grimms/ Wizard Of oz L Frank Baum. Now I’m older I prefer stories that are still fantasy but got that darker vibe to it. Ie Supernatural, Vampire Diaries, Once Upon a Time. I also like Neil Gaiman a lot but my work is based off my own experiences, so it’s not really inspired by anybody else… I do like the good vs evil saga though. Villain POV is fun for me because I can be really creative with my characters.
3) Do you prefer writing dialogue, action or other scenes?
A little bit of both. Dialogue can be fun if done properly. Ie not rushed.
4) What is the most important bit of information you would want to tell a person interested in publishing a book?
Do your research, make sure you’re putting out a quality product, ie editing and genre cover. But the blurb alone can sell your book if it’s done right.
5) What is your favorite character from any book you have ever read?
Probably Elphaba Wicked - Gregory Maguire
6) Where is your favorite place to read?
My house- usually the couch.
7) What is you preferred method of reading a book? (Audio, paperback, hardcover, or eBook)
Ebooks on my phone.
8) If you had to write in any other genre, what would that be and why?
I just released a PNR. Paranormal romance so I’ve just fulfilled this ambition. I love the paranormal and everything about it so it’s totally up my alley way.
9) Name one of your favorite authors.
Charlie Nottingham writes some amazing PNR. I love Neil Gaiman. L Frank Baum, Phillip Pullman
10) What is one book that is currently on your To-Be-Read list?
Oh gosh there’s loads lol. About 400 + on my kindle. I have a few PNR, Dark Fantasy, Psychological thriller, RH (Reverse Harem) YA Fantasy, on there.
11) What is your best book memory?
Reading Wicked and loving the origins of the wicked witch of the west character that we know and love from the wizard of movie.
12) What is the name of your book/series? Tell me a little bit about them.
My series is the Dark Spell series. It’s all about witches, warlocks, angels and demons. Our witch Lady Isra of the Dark has shunned the light in favour of the dark but now the light demands her back. Completed series *as of April 2022* Nothing is as it seems. Black magic, darkness and witches what more could you want? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WN2T6BL
13) Do you have a website? If so, what is it?
14) Where can we find and follow you? (Name your social media platforms.)
15) If there anything important that you would want my readers to know about you?
I’m an eccentric introvert that loves cats, coffee and in my spare time between writing, currently working on Dark Spell series spin off Wickedly Good Souls Book 2, I’ve already written the first book in the spin off series Wicked Lightbringer