An interview with Urban Fantasy author Cassie Greutman
1) My first question is always the same. What is your Author name; use your Pen name if you have one?
2) What inspired you to become a writer?
As a kid, I read through every book at our library that I found interesting, and most of them twice! So I started writing my own stories.
3) Do you prefer writing dialogue, action or other scenes?
Action! It comes pretty naturally to me, so it’s easier than dialogue.
4) What is the hardest challenge in being a writer?
Honestly, it’s the doubt. Every author that I know personally has it. You spend a hundred hours or more working on something, building a world, and you don’t know if anyone is going to enjoy it. You don’t even know if you’ll like the end result!
5) What is the one thing you wish you knew at the beginning of your writing journey?
How long it would take to truly get going. I’ve always been told it’s a marathon, not a sprint, but that takes on so much more meaning when you’re actually in the day to day of things.
6) Which book, other than your own, would you like to see turned into a movie or T.V. show?
Well I can’t say the Mercy Thompson series anymore, because that’s actually happening! I’m so excited to see that come to life. So I’m going to go with The Green Rider series by Kristen Britain.
7) Which book villain would be the hardest to defeat?
Probably Sauron from Lord of the Rings. He only has one weakness. Sure, a couple of hobbits end up being his demise, but it took centauries and thousands of people to get them to that point.
8) Name one book that you have reread several times.
The Enchanted Forest Chronicles! Absolutely loved those books as a kid, and still go back to them now.
9) Do you prefer to read series or independent novels?
I love a good series. I get very attached to characters, so once I’m invested, I’m all in on seeing what happens to them next.
10) If you could live in any “book world” what would that be?
Narnia! Beautiful with wilderness and magic!
11) Do you own any interesting ‘bookish’ memorabilia or clothes? If so, what?
Mostly just signed paperbacks. I love them J
12) What is the name of your book/series? Tell me a little bit about them.
I write YA urban fantasy with strong themes about the importance of family, whether that’s blood related or not! My main series, Penchant for Trouble, has three books out in it right now. It’s about a fae girl being raised in the human foster care system who is blackmailed by the Faerie Council to help capture an escaped fae fugitive. I also have a portal series started, which will crossover with the Penchant for Trouble world. It’s called the Arnath Chronicles.
13) Do you have a website? If so, what is it?
Sure do! It’s www.cassiegreutman.com. You can sign up for my newsletter there and get a free short story, or just check out what I’m working on!
14) Where can we find and follow you? (Name your social media platforms.)
Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/Cassie-Greutman/e/B079VSM6QK/
15) If there anything important that you would want my readers to know about you?
Something fun is that I’m extremely into horses. I love everything about them. I like to rescue when I have the time and funds. They are my happy place when I’m not writing.