A vampires’ wine cellar
1) What is your Author name; use your Pen name if you have one?
2) What is your genre and what drew you to it?
Paranormal fiction is my genre. I have always enjoyed ghost stories. I grew up hearing the family ghostly experiences that happened in my grandparents home. Then when I had several of my own, it solidified my writing.
3) How did you come up with your cover design?
I played around on canva for awhile. I knew I wouldn’t be able to fully create it myself but wanted an idea. I knew a wine bottle and/glass would have to be on the cover. Then I sat down with my good friend, Zee Lacson and she helped created a mock up. She’s very artsy and added touches I was clueless about. Then I found a cover designer and sent the file to her.
4) What is the most important bit of information you would want to tell a person interested in publishing a book?
Find a group for support. In person, online, over the phone. Whatever way you feel most comfortable. Find people that will support you and lift you up when you have a setback or feel like quitting. These people will remind you of your talent when you’re struggling. And also get an editor if you’re able.
5) Which book, other than your own, would you like to see turned into a movie or T.V. show?
Cinder (lunar chronicles) by Marissa Meyer. However I’m equally terrified that if it was made into one that it would be done wrong.
6) What is your favorite character from any book you have ever read?
Robinton - master Harper in the dragon riders of pern series. He’s the keeper of their history and a friend to the dragon riders. The Harper hall trilogy is my favorite in that series and it focuses on the harpers.
7) What was your favorite childhood book?
The little prince. I read it in my high school French class. It is sweet and tragic. And I believe the little prince made it back to his little planet with his rose.
8) If you had to write in any other genre, what would that be and why?
Ya magical realism
9) Name one of your favorite authors.
One? How to choose one? Ok. Edgar Allan Poe
10) Do you own any interesting ‘bookish’ memorabilia or clothes? If so, what?
I own a princess bride scarf that has the lines from the book written over the scarf
11) What is your best book memory?
I went to the library and really wanted a book but was really lost on what to read. No one was giving me suggestions that appealed to me. One of the librarians was so excited when I asked for her help. She asked me what I liked and said that I was really open. Then she walked me around the library and just started handing me books. And pointing out others that she recommended. It was amazing! Some I didn’t read because I ran out of time but that was the moment that I was introduced to Marissa Meyer and cinder. There was the selection series in the pile as well. Seraphina, strange the dreamer. I’m contemplating doing that again. It was the best day.
12) What is the name of your book/series? Tell me a little bit about them.
Château Merlot. It’s a vampire novel that can appeal to people who don’t usually read vampire novels. The story is about a vampire owner apartment building, Château Merlot. It’s where she houses her food…I mean humans. Almost like a wine cellar. The 20 floors in the building are separated by blood type. The more common and easily replaced blood types are lower and more desirable higher up. The rarer the more money they are compensated with. The top floor houses the one ab- and they make the most money in the building and everyone knows it.
13) Where can we find and follow you? (Name your social media platforms.)
Facebook: kari pohar – author
Tiktok - karipohar