A Talk With Georgina Kiersten
1. What is your Author name; use your Pen name if you have one.
Georgina Kiersten is my primary author name. I also have books under Rian Fox and I’m about to release a book under the name of Jasper Hyde.
2. What inspired you to become a writer?
Honestly, I always had a compulsion to tell stories but it wasn’t until I took a creative writing course in my senior of high school that I caught the writing bug. However, it wasn’t until I was inspired to write a queer Black Hercules story that made want to become a professional author.
3. How far along are you on your current work-in-progress?
Oh, it’s done. My book ‘More to Love’ is about to be published and I’m super excited to share it with everyone.
4. Which character of yours is your favorite and why?
Zephyr from Fall Into You. Zephyr is just a ball of bi chaos and he is just as loud and colorful as I am.
5. Which character of yours was the most challenging to write and why?
In my book, I think it was writing Emmy’s ex-wife Nichole from my book ‘More to Love’. I didn’t want to slip into the trope of crazy ex-wife but I also had to write someone that I hate.
6. What is your favorite way to connect with readers? (Social media, newsletters or something else)
I’m most active on Twitter and I love talking to them this way. But the most reliable way to stay in contact me these days is through my newsletter.
7. What is your favorite part about being a writer?
Being a writer is the only place in my life that I have complete control over. I do whatever I want and there is no one to stop me. It’s so empowering and freeing.
8. How much description do you give to your book characters?
I give my readers just enough for you to get a broad impression and leave the rest to the imagination.
9. What is your favorite character from any book you have ever read?
Kris from D’Vaughn and Kris Plan A Wedding. Kris is just the entire package and honestly, she is totally a book crush.
10. What book protagonist would you love to talk to if he/she/they were real?
Brad from L.C. Smith’s Bro and The Beast. He comes off as a typical frat bro but the more I read, the more I get that he is just a cool dude who is just doing the best they can.
11. Do you own any interesting ‘bookish’ memorabilia or clothes? If so, what?
I got this really great print from Shannon Elliot (the author of Angel’s In The Dark) and it’s gorgeous. I have it sitting on top of my bookshelf right next to my pride flag.
12. What is your best book memory?
I have always been disabled and as a result, I was a delayed reader. I remember that my favorite special education teacher gave me a bag of little golden books for Christmas and that opened the world to me. I would not be here without those books and I keep that memory of that Christmas close to my heart.
13. What is the name of your book/series? Tell me a little bit about them.
My book is ‘More to Love’ and it is a fat interracial cozy romance. It’s about a recently divorced Asian man moving to a new city and falling for a geeky Black bookstore owner. It’s very sweet and immediately fell in love with both my main characters.
14. Do you have a website? If so, what is it?
15. Where can we find and follow you? (Name your social media platforms.
16. If there anything important that you would want my readers to know about you?
Honestly, I’m just a disabled Black trans queer person trying to do their best for their community. I want to inspire other Black folks like me to follow their dreams.