Abigail Manning, Fairy Tale Retelling Author
1) What is your Author name; use your Pen name if you have one.
2) What is your genre and what drew you to it?
I write romantic fantasy, or more specifically fairy tale retellings. I have always ben an avid lover of classic fairy tales and int the last year discovered the genre of retellings. Needless to say, it was love at first page and I’ve been writing ever since.
3) What inspired you to become a writer?
I’ve always loved being a story-teller, and even considered pursing writing in college for a bit. I took a few creative writing classes during school and really adored them, and once I was in a more settled place in life decided to try my hand a writing a full novel.
4) Which character of yours is your favorite and why?
Probably the lead character in my second book, Aurelia Lockly. She’s the definition of a firecracker, with a touch of a temper and a whole lot of spirit. She’s all the sweet and sass you could ever want rolled into one!
5) Which character of yours was the most challenging to write and why?
Definitely Princess Arabella, from my first book (Snow White). Mostly because she started off as a rather bitter and selfish character before she humbles herself through her circumstances. It was challenging getting inside the head of someone who’s a brat.
6) What book protagonist would you love to talk to if he/she/they were real?
So many! But probably Percy Jackson from the lightening thief just because his stories were what first inspired my love fore reading and he’s also pretty cool.
7) Name one book that you have reread several times.
I have a book on my shelf that’s a collection of grimm’s fairy tales. I probably read through it a dozen times growing up, and have since been reading it even more after establishing my genre.
8) If you could live in any “book world” what would that be?
Probably any world where there’s fun fantasy elements but not a lot of danger, like Melanie Celliers Four Kingdoms series, or the Andari Chronicles by Kenley Davidson.
9) Do you own any interesting ‘bookish’ memorabilia or clothes? If so, what?
Nothing for a specific book, but I do have a necklace that says “Keep talking, I’m taking notes for my next book.”
10) What is your best book memory?
Probably the first time I fell in love with audio books and kept looking for excuses to slow down in traffic so I could listen in the car a little longer.
11) What is the name of your book/series? Tell me a little bit about them.
My series is entitled The Emerald Realm. Each book is based around a different fairy tale with a new main character, though all the stories connect into an overarching plotline. The books are fairly quick reads and are entirely clean, so they are great for just about anyone. They always have a happy ending, but still leave you wanting to know more.
12) Do you have a website? If so, what is it?
13) Where can we find and follow you? (Name your social media platforms.)
You can find me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tiktok all @abigailmanningauthor. Or find all the links I none place on my website.
14) If there anything important that you would want my readers to know about you?
I’ve got lots more stories in the works! So if my books are your cup of tea, buckle in for lots more this year!